Thursday, March 18, 2010

You Can't Go Home!!!

Well, it's Thursday morning and I have probably more than overstayed my welcome here at my sister's home in Newburgh, IN. Her and her husband's hospitality have been outstanding. The wedding was great (their daughter, my niece).

Today, or more accurately this evening, I will disprove the title above. I am going back to the area where I was raised, Hindsboro, IL. Largely through Facebook, I have reconnected with many of my old classmates and schoolmates. One thing you have to consider is that I didn't have that many. My graduating class consisted of 37 students!!! Additionally, it wasn't even in my hometown, we attended a "consolidated" school district.

It has been said, "You Can't Go Home Again". Well, we decided to have a little dinner tonight and I can tell you in advance... I will go home tonight. Friends will be as if I'd seen them yesterday and will see them again tomorrow, even though it's been 35 years since I've seen a lot of them. The welcome will be genuine and heartfelt. That's just the way it is where I grew up.

I can't wait. Other than the wedding, this will be the highlight of my 3 week road trip. OH... and not to worry. I'm back to the traveling side show again. Planned for the next couple days at least... "The Two Story Outhouse" and "The One and Only Hippie Memorial"

Thanks for staying tuned!!!

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment