Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wagonteamster - Bob (and the horses: Bob, Bill & Doc)

You'll notice there is no city associated with this blog entry. That's because Bob and the horses & wagon are traveling the US. So, by the time I post, they've moved!!! And, not because they're outlaws either.

After kind of a zero day Monday (I couldn't find the wagonteamster team) I started out Tuesday with a great hour spent with Bob and his team. You can find out more information at his website http://www.wagonteamster.com. It's a great site that I have been following for about a year and Bob is part of my reason for wanting to travel full-time in an RV. Although his "RV" only has "3 Horsepower."





The photo above shows an early morning at the wagonteamster camp. That's Doc in the photo. B.O.B. and Bill are behind the rig. I had the good fortune of a conversation with Bob as he prepared for the day.

He a great and personable guy making his way across the United States, meeting people and making friends. His journeys are much more personal than mine. I find odd and unusual "things" to write about and photograph. Bob is actually making real connections. And he's good at it. The section of his site that deals with this 3rd leg of his trip is here. Bob was kind enough to mention my visit on his site!




This is Bob giving the "brush off" to one of the horses. I'm sorry Bob, I am only able to distinguish Doc 'cause he's a different color!!! If you want to comment here and clear up the confusion as to whether this is Bob or Bill... AND... identify the photo below, THANKS. (I thought I'd remember... I hate senility)







Bob has also written a book about his journeys so far. He actually autographed one for me... LOOK OUT eBay if you get rich and famous Bob!!!! (Just Kidding) I haven't started it yet, but I'll go out on a limb, based on my meeting and recommend it. You can find out more on Bob's website.

All in all, it was great start to Tuesday morning!!! Thanks for the hospitality Bob!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joe,
    I helped Bob with his stay in Waco, TX and I took care of the 3 horses for approx. one week.
    Bill has the narrow white blaze down his face and Bob has the wider white blaze. It's really hard to tell them apart looking at the rear ends. I'm glad you got to meet Bob because he is very interesting and really smart to talk with about an assortment of topics. I'm glad you caught up with him.
    Bonnie Kempf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides the wagonteamster web page, I now have another to follow - thekidsthinkiamnuts.

    ReplyDelete