Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pink Elephant With a Martini - Evansville, Indiana

I'm beginning to wonder about nurseries. This is the second nursery that is associated with an odd or unusual site here. Roadside Woolly Mammoth, which I reported on earlier in this trip is also a bit of a menagerie located within a nursery.

Just north of Evansville, Indiana at the intersection of US Route 41 and I-64, is the Jim Hipp Nursery. You can see several sorts of animals on the property, including a fish jumping from a pond (visible from I-64).





There were lots of animals there, but almost all were quite normal... with one exception. I really don't know the history or reason for this, but the elephant is clearly visible from the road.





The elephant has lots of company though and it's probably worth exploring the nursery just to see the many varieties. I will say this... although the sign clearly touts the "topiary" nature of the business, I didn't see anything that was designed to look like any sort of creature at all. (Maybe I didn't look in the right places?)



1 comment:

  1. Ok...so something about THIS is really odd....but I like it!

    ReplyDelete